홈페이지; http://cafe.daum.net/zoe,   http://www.cyworld.com/asantesana

이메일; mikyungc@hanmail.net, mikyungc2@hotmail.com

주소; P.O. Box 34148, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

후원구좌; 한국; 우리은행; 161-08-214573 국민은행; 209-24-0561-582

농협; 170095-56-039514 예금주; 이미경

뉴질랜드; BNZ; 020290 0015904 00 50   Mikyung Turner

--------------------------------------------------------------

샬롬! 주님의 귀하신 이름으로 다시 문안드립니다.

여러 가지 환경이 바뀌면서 참으로 하나님의 인도하심을 기다리며 하루하루 살아드리고 있습니다.  다르살렘지부에서 섬기고 있는 캐더린 독일 선교사의 편지를 기도편지로 대신합니다.  하루 일분씩 기도해주시는 것 잊지 마십시오!

Dear Englishspeaking friends of Safina,

그리운 사피나의 친구들에게

let me apologize to you, that I have neglected you in the past months. I promised many of you to give you an up-date of what is going on in our ministry among the Street Children, but I have not kept my promise. Today I want to start afresh. I have up-dated my email list and added some names of people who crossed my paths here in Dar es Salaam. If you don?t want to receive those up-dates, please let me know. I will still be your friend and won?t feel hurt. The last couple of months have been a tough journey for us as Safina but we still feel the mighty hand of God beneath us. Let me just share some items with you, there we would appreciate your prayer support.

지난 몇 달 간 연락을 못드린 것을 이해해주세요. 거리 아이들 사역이 진행되는 것에 대한 소식을 전하기로 약속을 드렸지만 그 동안 약속을 지키지 못했네요. 오늘 다시 시작하려고 합니다. 이메일 주소록을 업데이트 했는데 여기 다에살렘에서 우리의 사역을 스쳐간 몇몇 분들의 이름을 추가했습니다. 만약에 이메일을 받고 싶지 않으시다면 제게 알려주세요. 그렇다 하더라도 여전히 저는 당신의 친구이고 제게 상처가 되지는 않을거에요. 지난 몇 달은 사피나의 우리에게 매우 험난한 길이었지만 우리는 여전히 전능하신 하나님의 손길을 느끼고 있습니다. 그 중 몇 가지를 나누고 여러분의 기도 부탁을 받으려 합니다.

1. Many of you will know that our beloved Drop-In Centre in town has been demolished last year in July due to new constraction plans of the government. Graciously God provided a new house just in my neighbourhood. The house fitted in many ways our needs and we were happy there. Just before Christmas a letter from the land lady reached us with the news that she will not extend the renting contract as she needs the house for herself. It was hard to swallow. We started again to look for a new place but soon were shocked by the prices. Together with the starting of the new School year in January and many children and young people depending on school fees, uniforms and books we didn?t have enough finances to rent again as everyone wanted the rent for a whole year. So we packed our office into our mission container and my front porch operates as a temporarly office of Safina. It is not ideal but manageble. Last week we had three days of praying and fasting about our whole situation and God?s direction. We have been greatly blessed not by material things but by the work of God in our hearts and among our team. We are filled with a new love and compassion for the task God gave us. Pray that God will help us to put into praxis what he has shown us but also pray for God?s direction for a new office. On Saturday this week the Trustees of Safina are meeting to discuss those issues. Pray for us.

1. 지난 7월 정부의 건설 계획에 의해 시내에 있는 우리의 센터가 헐렸다는 것을 이미 아고 계시지요? 은혜로우신 하나님께서 가까운 곳에 새로운 집을 마련해 주셨습니다. 그 집은 우리의 목적에 적당했고 우리는 그곳을 얻게 되어 행복했습니다. 그런데 크리스마스 직전에 집 주인으로부터 편지를 받았는데 주인이 집을 직접 써야겠다며 임대를 연장하지 않겠다는 것이었습니다. 받아들이기 힘든 일이었지요. 우리는 새로운 장소를 물색했고, 값이 너무 비싸다는 것에 놀랐습니다. 1월에 시작하는 새 학년도의 시작과 더불어 많은 아이들과 청소년들이 학교 수업료와 교복과 책을 위한 돈이 필요한데다가 임대를 주려는 사람들은 모두 1년 단위의 계약을 원했기 때문에 우리는 임대를 할만한 충분한 자금이 없었습니다. 그래서 우리는 사무실 짐을 싸서 컨테이너에 넣어두고 저희 집 현관을 사피나의 임시 사무실로 사용하고 있습니다. 이상적이지는 않지만 견딜만 합니다. 지난주 우리는 3일간의 금식기도를 통해 우리의 전반적인 사정을 하나님께 아뢰고 인도하심을 구했습니다. 우리는 물질적인 것으로가 아니라 우리의 마음과 우리의 사역 팀 가운데 역사하시는 하나님의 역사로 매우 축복받았다고 생각합니다. 우리는 하나님게서 우리에게 허락하신 사역에 대한 사랑과 열정으로 충만해 있습니다. 새 사무실에 대한 인도하심을 위해 기도해 주세요. 이번주 토요일에 사피나의 위원회가 이 문제를 위해 의논을 할텐데 기도를 부탁드립니다.

2. Peter Josef is one of our first boys who came to live with us ten years ago and one we came to love and appreciate dearly. In the last couple of years he was working in a Bakery of a big Supermarket. From time to time he would share with us, that he got laughed and harassed by others because of his Christian faith. He was planning his wedding than one day he got arrested and accused of stealing from the Supermarket. We were shocked but Peter repeatendly said, that he has not done anything like this. He was taking to court. This week on Monday he was sentenced to three years in prison. We are sure that the judge was pribed as we have witnessed twice that the man from the security company had private talks with the judge just before the case was called. We appealed straight away and now we look for a good, honest and not too expensive attorney who can help Peter in his appeal. Pray for Peter, that he would not doubt God?s love and care for him, for his fiancee and for the appeal.

2. 피터 조셉을 10년 전 우리와 함께 살기 시작한 소년 중의 한 명이고 우리의 사랑하는 청년입니다. 지난 몇 년간 그는 큰 슈퍼마켓에 있는 제과점에서 일을 했습니다. 때때로 그는 그의 신앙 때문에 다른 사람들로부터 비웃음을 받고 괴롭힘을 받기도 한다고 했습니다. 그는 결혼을 계획하고 있었는데 어느날 슈퍼마켓에서 물건을 훔쳤다는 이유로 고소당하고 체포되었습니다. 우리는 충격을 받았지만 피터는 그런 일을 전혀 하지 않았다고 말했습니다. 그는 법정에 섰는데 이번 주 월요일에 3년형을 선고받았습니다. 공판이 열리기 전 판사는 보안회사 직원과 두 번이나 사적인 대화를 나누는 것을 보았기 때문에 우리는 판사가 뇌물을 받은 것으로 확신하고 있습니다. 우리는 곧바로 항소했고 지금은 정직하고 비용이 많이 들지 않는 변호사를 물색하고 있습니다. 피터가 하나님의 사랑을 의심하지 않도록, 그의 약혼녀와 항소심을 위해 기도해 주세요.

3. Last night the dentist team of Dr. Bob Zimmerman arrived safely in Dar. Today they travelled to the north helping in a village where missionaries of AIM have recently started a church plant and in their second week they will help us with our street children. Pray for them in these two weeks, safety in all their travels and treatments especially when they will treat pat?ents with HIV/Aids. Physical stamina and health to work both weeks in a very hot and humid climate and that their lifes and work will be a witness of the loving God we serve.

3. 봅 짐머맨 치과 의료팀이 어제 다에살렘에 무사히 도착했습니다. 오늘 그들은 북쪽으로 이동하여 AIM 선교사들이 최근에 교회를 시작한 마을을 도울 것이고, 둘째 주에는 우리와 함께 거리 아이들을 도울 것입니다. 그들의 2 주간의 사역을 위해 기도해 주세요. 여행중 안전과 치료사역을 위해, 그리고 특별히 에이즈에 걸린 환자들을 다룰 때를 위해서요. 긜고 무덥고 습한 기후에서 그들의 건강을 위해, 그리고 그들의 삶과 사역이 우리가 섬기는 하나님의 사랑에 대한 증언이 되도록 기도해 주세요.

4. Three weeks ago we started to teach parents of children from a poor neighbourhood. The children of this area were often send to the city centre to beg money. Many children come from single parent homes mostly mothers or grand-mothers, who have neither work or any means of income. In connection with the local Primary School in this area we started a Parents seminar. Every Saturday morning the parents are invited to come to school. We teach about child care, family life, health issues, small income projects, how to handle and budget money and of course our relationship to God and our neighbours.The seminar will last for six months. Pray that God would work in the hearts of these parents. First to be willing to learn and God?s help to put things into praxis. Some parents have come and gone because they expected to get some money. It is not easy to stirr up interest. Many got so used to their lifestyle of poverty and lack the motivation to change. But if we pray together I believe that the Spirit of God will do something in their hearts.

4. 3주 전 우리는 가난한 지역의 부모들을 가르치는 사역을 시작했습니다. 이 지역의 아이들을 종종 돈을 구걸하고록 도심에 보내집니다. 많은 아이들은 편부/편모 가정 출신인데 대부분의 경우 수입이 없는 어머니나 할머니에 의해 키워지고 있습니다 지역의 초등학교와 연결되어 우리는 부모 세미나를 시작했습니다. 매주 토요일 오전에 부모들을 학교로 초대하여 우리는 양육과 가정, 건강, 보조수입을 얻는 방법, 어떻게 재정관리를 할 것인가 등에 대해, 그리고 물론 하나님과 이웃과의 관계에 대해 가르치고 있습니다. 이 세미나는 6개월간 할 예정입니다. 하나님께서 이들 부모님들의 마음에 역사하시도록 기도해 주세요. 우선은 배우려는 의지와 배운것을 실천에 옮길 수 있도록 하나님의 도우심을 위해 기도해 주세요. 몇몇 부모들은 돈을 얻을 수 있을까 기대하고 왔다가 돌아갔습니다. 그들의 관심을 일깨우는 일이 쉬운 일은 아닙니다. 많은 사람들이 가난한 삶의 습관과 변화를 일으킬 동기 부족에 익숙해 있습니다. 하지만 우리가 함게 기도한다면 하나님의 성령께서 그들의 마음속에 변화를 주시리라 믿습니다.

5. From the 15.-19. of March we will have a Transformation week for our older boys. "Transformation week" is a retreat program to help people to deal with their past of sin, hurt, abuse, violence, trauma through knowing the power of forgiveness in Jesus Christ and the Father love of God. The week will be led by two ladies from an Ugandian Retreat Centre, who have done this week many times with former Street Childen in Uganda. In November last year we did this week with our national staff and have been greatly blessed. Please pray for this week. It is easier to push the hurtful events of our lifes away instead of facing them. I know that many of our boys still struggle with unforgiveness and anger because what has been done to them. Pray that they would meet with the loving kindness of their heavenly father and embrace his love so that healing and restoration can flow into their lives.

5. 3월 15일부터 19일까지 우리 소년들과 함께 '변화의 주간'을 가지려고 합니다. '변화의 주간'이란 성부 하나님과 그리스도의 용서의 힘을 알아감을 통해 우리 과거의 죄와 남용, 폭력, 정신적 충격을 다루기 위한 일종의 수련회입니다. 우간다 수련 센터에서 온 두 명의 강사가 이 모임을 인도할 것입니다. 그들은 이 프로그램을 예전 우간다의 거리 사역에서 여러 번 했습니다.지난해 11월에 현지 스탭들과 이 프로그램을 했었는데 매우 축복의 시간이었습니다. 이 프로그램을 위해 기도해주세요. 우리 삶의 상처들을 정면으로 직시하는 것이 회피하는 것이 더 힘든 일인것 같습니다. 아직도 많은 아이들이 그들이 당한 일에 대해 용서하지 못하고 분노를 품고 있습니다. 그들이 하늘에 계신 아버지의 사랑과 자비하심을 보게 하시고 그의 사랑을 받아들여 치유받고 회복되도록 기도해 주세요.

Some weeks ago I read following sentence in Oswald Chambers Book "My utmost for his highest" and it struck me and stuck with me "The meaning of prayer is that we get hold of God, not of the answer." It has influenced my prayers in the way to seek God rather than praying for things to happend. Example: To seek God instead of praying for a new office building.

May the Lord bless you in your prayers and thank you for all your support.

Kathleen

주 전 오스왈드 챔버스의 책 "그의 지극히 높으심을 위한 나의 최선" 에서 다음과 같은 글을 읽고 매우 충격을 받았습니다. "기도의 의미는 응답을 받는 것이 아니라 하나님 자신을 붙드는 것이다." 그리고 그것은 어떤 일이 일어나도록 기도하는 것이 아니라 기도를 통해 하나님을 찾도록 저의 기도를 바꾸어 놓았습니다. 예를 들면 새로운 사무실을 위해 기도하는 것이 아니라 하나님을 찾는 기도를 하는 것으로요.

주님께서 여러분들의 기도에 은총을 내리시기를 기원합니다. 그리고 여러분의 후원에 감사드립니다.

캐서린.